While it may be tempting to break the speed limit with a supercar’s excessive power on tap, even the finest luxury and exotic vehicles are subject to state laws. Protecting you and our valuable vehicles is a priority responsibility at MTB Exotics, and understanding Texas state laws equals a smooth and stress-free cruising experience.
Before you rent a ride with us, take a look at these simple guidelines and you’ll be ready to hit the road with luxury and legality.
Basic Texas Driving Laws
Whether you’re in a rental or not, some fundamental regulations apply to every driver. In Texas, all drivers must adhere to these laws:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance coverage
- Wear a seatbelt; this includes drivers and passengers
- Children must be secured in an appropriate car or booster seat
- Texting while driving is illegal statewide, and cell phone use is illegal in some cities
- Impaired driving is prohibited. In Texas, .08 BAC equals drunk driving. Open containers are also illegal, even if you are not impaired
- Speed limits are strictly enforced in Texas. Fortunately, Texas is home to some of the highest legal speeds in the U.S., so you can still experience our exotic vehicles’ raw power without being too light on the pedal!
Exotic & Luxury Rental Rules
Since our exotic and luxury rentals in Dallas, TX, are registered locally, it is illegal for renters to leave the state with our vehicles. Other than Texas regulating driver rental age, the rest of the additional regulations are exclusive to our rental agreement at MTB Exotics.
To get your hands on any of our beautiful vehicles, here’s what you need to know:
- Driver Rental Age: You must be at least 21 years old to rent a luxury vehicle, and 25 years old to rent an exotic vehicle. Exceptions for exotic rentals under the age of 25 include an additional deposit and a 20% young driver surcharge.
- No Smoking or Pets Allowed: To protect our valuable vehicles, no smoking or pets are permitted inside the vehicle.
- Valid License & Clean Driving Records: We require a valid license (or legal international license/passport) to verify your driving records. Moving violations, DUIs, and other traffic infractions may cause ineligibility.
- We Require Full Coverage Insurance: Since we don’t sell insurance with our vehicles, we require comprehensive coverage. For luxury vehicles, the minimum coverage is 100k; for exotics, 250,000 is required.
- Only You Are Permitted to Drive the Vehicle: Please don’t let your friends or family drive your rental! We only verify your license and driving history, and an accident caused by another driver can lead to a spike in your insurance premiums or a life-threatening accident. Simply stay in the driver’s seat and prevent all of the above.
For more information about Texas laws or rental rules at MTB Exotics, check out our requirements page or get in touch with us and we’ll walk you through the details.
Leave A Reply